Sign in to follow this  
MIguy1234

Modified Battle Scoring Roundtable

Given: battle videos are content gold and the crossover possibilities are obvious. They are a great idea for networking (yaa). However, the current scoring needs an overhaul. If Fruityslots (via this forum) comes up with a sensible, resilient standard for slot battles, they become the defacto hub of battle activity. If what we establish is obviously fair and sensible, anyone not playing by the new standard looks shady. To that end, here's a thread to collect and test ideas, identify ground rules for classes of slots as well as specific variations for individual games. As ideas for solutions and additions come in, quick polls can gauge what the community deems fair, interesting or unnecessary.  

It is proposed if you have a new idea for how battles should be conducted, reply to this thread. If you disagree or agree with one of those points or plans, try to reply or comment at that specific thread, so whoever's idea it is can clarify or modify it. If you have multiple suggestions on different aspects of the battles, make each it's own reply, so good ideas don't get lost.

I have a few thoughts to get the ball rolling, which I will add piecemeal below to see if the forum can work like that.

POINTS FOR BONUS WIN X

I think we should award some points for a large X bonus regardless of it being a winning or losing round.  A  65x bonus over a 17x should not score exactly the same as 150x smashing a 30x. Also a 150x result should not be worth nothing if it happens to line up with a once in a lifetime bonus.

I like 100x, 500x and 1000x as targets. Is that too high? Wouldn't  50x , 100x, and 200x come in to play too often?

We could try an extra point at 100x win or lose, then 1 more at 500x and 2 more for a total 4 extra points for anything above 1000x.  This way, if a 1300x monster beats a 500x great win, it is not the same result as currently 85x beating a 17x. 

Plus, with more points available,  the battle victor remains in question longer.

COUNT BY 1s

I don't get why 12- 8 is more appealing than 6-4 .   A win should be worth 1.  The only thing in the current format that is not 2 points is total money won, worth 1 point.  I don't see how that isn't already reflected in the wins and losses, plus it could only ever break a tie, not catch up from behind.  So why not make that the tiebreaker and not even reference it on battles with a clear winner?

WHAT TO DO WHEN A BONUS WON'T COME

Ahead of each battle, there needs to be ground rules agreed upon for not sinking your whole balance off stream for a bonus that isn't coming. 

The dry run Josh had trying to hit Book 6 vs. Chipmonk II sould either come with penalties or be an automatic forfeit after an agreed spin or loss limit.

These could vary based on specific slots and stakes, but as a baseline, how about:  after either 300 spins or 25% of the proposed starting balance, the competitor may choose to forfeit the point on a specific game.  Substituting footage of teases, restarting the auto spins and general disbelief peppered with adult language for the video.

EXTRA POINTS FOR QUICK OR CHEAP BONUSES

First spin on a game bonus has got to be worth at least a point.  I'd say extending that to the first 10 spins would be alright, also.

Getting to the bonus while in profit for the game should be worth something too, right? It gives you a chance to add big base game wins to the flow of the battle video. "200 quid win there puts me up on this game, maybe I can squeeze in a profit bonus point this round."   Alternately there could be just one point per battle for "cheapest" bonus or bonus hit while most in profit on one game. (Same holds for fastest, that could be trimmed to just one per battle if that's what people want.)

On 2/22/2020 at 9:14 PM, MIguy1234 said:

If Fruityslots (via this forum) comes up with a sensible, resilient standard for slot battles, they become the defacto hub of battle activity.

possibly my favourite line ever post in this forum since we started it!